.one

12/29/2008 05:44:00 PM

* Mood: crazy inspired.
* Listening to: You by Janelle Monae
* Reading: an inspiring blog.
* Eating: nothing.
* Drinking: tea.


_______________________________________________________________________________
ON MY MIND @ zee MOMENT(besides " True say.. " and "oh. my. Gosh. i la la la love those nice new pumas! and I don't even really like pumas at all "lmao. )
_______________________________________________________________________________

Hello..
short introduction to why i have started this blog.

IN THIS BLOG YOU WILL SEE A LOT OF:
Me talking about my transistional journey from relaxed hair to natural hair
My Big Chop.
My Thoughts
My Challenges (not only with hair but with gr. 11 and student life )
And more exciting things...

My name is Sharifa,(I use ShariEbelle because its my name mixed with an african name 'Ebelle' which means mercy/kindness, just in case you were wondering, you probably weren't though)) I am sixteen turning seventeen in about 8 to 7 months (depending on how you count months and stuff...i start from the current month), and i am from Canada. So I'm guessing this is where i introduce myself and tell you about myself in brief detail(or elaborated detail for some...).

So here I go.

It all started about a month ago or so, when i went to the hair dresser and she relaxed my hair for me once again, because i was due...probably a couple weeks overdue. Well, she put it in and after, oh i don't know five minutes, it started really bothering me and burning...so I told her it was burning and she told me to just wait another fifteen minutes for it to settle in.
Now..im not the kind of person that likes to be demanding and bothersome, but that day it really was irritating me and i actually felt as if i would start to cry. Yes...cry. So then when she washed it out it was still burning! Yes.. STILL BURNING! So I go home and its still stinging like a -beep-. So i decide to ignore it cause, i am not too good with pain, so I thought this was just me being a baby.

Long story short....
It stung for a week.

After a week i couldn't stand it anymore and had to be emancipated.
When i say emancipated, i mean not just from the irritating stinging in my head, but the whole relaxing thing in general. But i did NOT want to just start with a BIG CHOP and go on from there...
So i searched for other ways to transition without shaving my head...

long story short i looked at some videos on youtube got inspired and explored some more and found NAPPTURALITY.COM, and assumed this site could be very helpful. And its proving me very correct so far, and inspiring me more to read about peoples results and journeys and tips.

i was already starting from last month, but then went back and permed my hair cause my grandma got ticked, but that time i let my friend do it for me...and she only sort of "touched it up"

that was at the beginning of the month, so now im starting again.

Though i can't help thinking....
i feel too young to be making such a decision...
but i really think i rather be natural that "relaxed"

cause "relaxed isn't really RELAXING at all...
its gosh darn stressful.

sorry this may have been long...but, Hello again and looking forward to the experience.
It should be very...interesting. sad.gif

-ShariEbelle. happy.gif

COPY AND PASTE WORKS WONDERS....



This is an old blog i did on FACEBOOK.
I do most of my writing there, than forget to add it to BLOGGER.COM.
So this is old.



Oh. My. Gosh.

Shit's harder than I had originally thought it would be.
But a friend sent me something that a friend sent them, and it got me thinking....
True say....

This blog:
"http://www.lostinthewillderness.com/2008/11/keep-it-moving.html" ,

really got me thinking, and it was more than just "true say."
Funny thing is, I always say things along the lines of this, but people laugh at me.
But here's some random dude, and he thinks the same way...
This guy is smart.
Smart not only for thinking about life this way, but because of elaborating and giving advice on how to deal with the shit.

The blog was passed on to me, as a thought of consoling me...
And though I thought I was inconsolable, this blog really turned me towards the "light"?, I guess.

Cause, I already thought of life this way...
Just, I didn't really know the answer to the way played out question:
"What the hell?! Where do I go from here?"

And that's sort of where this little bloggy comes in handy.
I mean, it didn't tell me a step by step process titled:
"What To Do When Facing H_ a _ _ b _ _ _ k : A 10 Step Process."
even though that would help a lot more...the key is to figure it out yourself.
Then comes that lecture your parents usually give you (or, at least they usually give me...), about:
"you aren't a baby! things can't just get handed to you! you have to do things for yourself!"

-yawn-



So anyways,

I think anyone who thinks reading this will benefit them...
(and it just might)
I believe they should read this:
http://www.lostinthewillderness.com/2008/11/keep-it-moving.htm.

I don't really enjoy tagging people in notes...
But I'll tag some peeps.
Though I know some are too lazy to read it...
and they might only read it if I copy and paste...
But this blog is just too great for copy & pastdge.

haha.

Some of you might not even get it. so I'm just going to forget about tagging.

-Sharz.
=]


((btw: thankstothefriendandthefriendofthefriendsomuchforsharing, andthankstothatdudewhoblogedinthefirstplacetoo.))

You Might Also Like

0 read this

Subscibers