TOP 8 HOLY GRAIL PRODUCTS FOR OILY/COMBO/CYSTIC PRONE/HYPERPIGMENTED SKIN

5/17/2016 02:20:00 PM





HOLY GRAIL.

Such an easily used term, it honestly gets thrown around way to haphazardly and no one usually sticks with their number ONE products all the time. Sometimes they can even lose track of the products they’ve used and loved, all because they’ve tried so many and compiled a lot of loves and losses. Or maybe that’s just me?
In any case, after some introspection and careless spending, I think I have finally come across a list of products that (for now anyway) have become my ultimate favourites. From repurchased to newly repurchase-able!

1.       DARK ANGELS – LUSH COSMETICS
a.       This is first because it is always at the top of my mind. A scrub and a mask if you want it to be – it’s a wonderful way to detox your skin and scrub away dead skin cells leaving your skin soft and it’s great for cystic acne! Something I suffer with a lot more than the regular easy acne that you can pop in a few days. Cystic acne is a whole new beast of annoying, disgusting and depressing. It hurts, it won’t go away, sometimes if leaves a bump and most times it leaves a mark – it rarely ever comes to a head and sometimes for some people if you extract it – it will leave a gaping little whole in your precious face!
So since the first time I’ve used this product – I loved it. I’ve tried Angels on Bare Skin as well – which is also good for maintaining a healthy facial skincare routine, however D.A is my favourite and the best in my opinion.  Perfect for drawing out the impurities and leaving my skin looking healthy, glowing and normal.

2.       TEA TREE TONER – THE BODY SHOP
a.       Best toner for acne suffering so far. I have always relied on this when dealing with acne and clogged up pores. This stuff tingles but doesn’t hurt unless you want it to.  Love it. Use it all the time, and I know it’s a keeper all the time.

3.       TEA TREE MOISTURIZER – THE BODY SHOP
a.       A great (and probably unintentionally matifying) moisturizer, perfect for when I am suffering from acne and I would use it more if I had been planning on wearing makeup or even before bed as a way to combat acne during the night.
4.       CETAPHIL SPF DAILY FACIAL MOISTURIZER
a.       A simple basic face moisturizer. That’s all. It works , doesn’t break me out, keeps  my skin hydrated and moist and provides an SPF which I thought I should probably start using – especially since I was using exfoliators, AHAs and fade creams – it was just best that I use an SPF with that to ensure my skin tone stayed consistent.
5.       AMBI FADE CREAM
a.       This is a definite holy grail product that I have always kept in the back of my mind when dealing with severe hyperpigmentation spots. Due to some hormonal acne I was experiencing, they left back hideous marks all over my face and trying to use any other things in my home I ENDED UP ACCIDENTALY BURNING MY PRECIOUS FACE SKIN! Trying to aid my issues. So I ran and got this cream and as usual – and I expected this since I basically have been a repurchase of this product since I was 15 years old – my spots fades within a day or three. My face is basically completely back to normal and I use it whenever I suspect a dark spot to emerge.

6.       BUFFERING LOTION – MARIO BADESCU
a.       This is a god send. To be real with you. It’s the best thing I have ever paid for in the acne department. I suffered from some seriously depressing cystic acne due to hormonal changes – and it was a new one every day and no matter how much water I drank, fruits I ate and how thoroughly I washed my face….they wouldn’t budge and wouldn’t stop popping up! So I let it happen – searched for a place in my city that sold Mario Badescu cause for some reason the shipping wasn’t working too well for me on the website and I didn’t have time to discuss it with any representatives I needed answers and I needed them NOW (at that time).  So I ran and bought this as soon as I found out I could get all their products just downtown in Toronto. I bought this buffering lotion and the Brightening Enzyme Cleansing Gel. I loved it. It basically worked in less than 24 hours. Shrunk all the cysts I had and whenever I felt a new one pop up – as they had been doing for a month, I killed I right away with this perfect ointment! Love it.

It smells heavy of rubbing alcohol but I do not mind that in the least.

7.       COCNUT BODY MILK – THE BODY SHOP
a.       Another body moisturizer from The body shop that I love so much – I love all the moisturizers really, it’s nut this one is light and easy to use for those moments when you just want to quickly get it over with. I feel like my skin isn’t very noticeably dry – but I know it needs moisture, and it is as if I can feel this lotion seriously moisturizing my skin as I use it.
8.       SHEA BUTTER LOTION – THE BODY SHOP

a.       HONESTLY. I know what you may be thinking; “why bother buying all that from the body shop when you can go to the African markets or black hair care stores and buy the original organic and real shea butter?” Because, I don’t really like the smell of it, and it’s easier when you have a whipped version of the butter to be honest. Yes I can customize my own and whip it myself with some coconut oil and essential oils but – I don’t have the patience and this smells great and works wonders on my skin. My skin is glowing and beautiful. Love it – and I love having my skin look like it radiates sunlight from inside my body. LOVE IT.

You Might Also Like

0 read this

Subscibers