. one-hundred and FIDDY-eight

10/18/2009 05:54:00 PM

Alright.


wow, this has to be the longest I've ever gone without an update. HOLY SHIZZNIT.
And the only reason I'm updating now is cause I am currently procrastinating on doing my ANTHRO homework and Photography assignment. Yep. Nice, I know.

I would say, I've been busy... cause I have been quite busy.
Doing homework, trying to get a job... being tired.

Life is weird.

Can you believe what a classmate said to me the other day? Well, friday. Okay, we went to the mall after school cause I wanted to buy headphones and she wanted to buy jeans. So we go together, cause she had no one else to go to the mall with, and asked my friend A.N and I if she could come with us. So we said sure, she's our friend too, not a very close one... but she's up there. So yeah... we were sort of browsing around and I was picking up stuff trying it n and putting it back on account of Im unemployed and broke. And she notices the garments and accesories I was looking at and was like :

"Sharifa, I didn't know you dress like that! If you dressed so nicely and I knew it, I would hang out with you everyday!"
I laughed and was like "I would dress like this more often if I had MONEY. but i'm broke."
Then she was like "HURRY AND GET A JOB! Your swag can be so up to par."
Yeah...

I sort of know. Thanks R.G (i forgot her last name, cause on facebook she always changes it.)
But , yeah... I hope people don't like.... think i dress bad AND can do something about it. Cause I really can't. At the same time I don't really care what people want to say about me, but obviously everyone can have that ONE THING that they worry about and is a bit insecure about, you know?

Yeah.

I'm not going to worry to much about it. However, I'll take this brief moment to ask The Creator to grant me an opportunity to get hired somewhere....
I never ask God to really GIVE me anything, cause I remember I went to church or I was watching Evan Almighty, I don't really remember which one it was....

And the priest or Morgan Freeman - depending on which one out of those two it could've been, said "God gives you opportunities, it's up to you to recognize it and take action."

----
WAIT..
I remember where I saw this comment. I was in Jamaica at my late Grand-Aunt's house before she passed away, and I was looking through her journal or something.... she was showing it to me in actuality. And I saw that there were quotes. I read the quotes, but that one from Oprah Winfrey was the one that really stood out to me. I took that in, and it has been permafrozen in my mind since I read it near 6 years ago.

It went something like - Theres no such thing as luck - luck is an opportunity god has given you- or some shit like that...

Whatever. You get it.

S'later!

You Might Also Like

0 read this

Subscibers