Springtime Regimen..

5/09/2011 07:07:00 PM

Alright, so since it's spring I am going to try and RE-ENERGIZE MYSELF.

Cause winter REALLY brings out the LAZY BITCH in me, so I need to make sure that I can get myself back to normal for the warm weather. So in order to not have to worry about my hair everyday, I have put them in braid extensions, like I wanted to. Also.. I am going to try and give myself better me-time. Time to take care of myself and my surroundings. Also, in case you'd like to do so too.. here is what I am going to do for Spring/Summer 2011.

Shopping List:

Ginseng.
Dried fruit and nuts
Peanut Butter
Avacado
Craisins (or just dried fruit...)
Fruit smoothies (that I usually make at home anyway.)

How I will prepare my ginseng is basically, I am going to just slice up some ginseng and drop the slices in my re-usable water bottle and drink it with water and a slice of lemon.

I may try the infamous MEDITATION, but every time I meditate.... I fall asleep. So.... yeah.
I tend to let the little things that shouldn't matter bother me. I really went OFF THE WALL last weekend and did something I should not have done, and ended up arguing with a rude man on the street downtown. Very. Very. Very bad day. He was out of line though...

So anyways, I figured that meditation would maybe help me with relaxing a bit, since it reduces stress levels and anxiety.

A Basic Guide to Meditation:

  • Sit with a straight back. Don’t try to meditate lying down because you are likely to fall asleep(Haha, like me!). Meditation brings relaxation and peace but at the same time this is a dynamic peace. Meditation is quite different than the relaxation of sleep. When we really meditate, we are fully alert and conscious. Our sense of awareness is heightened. Afterwards you’ll have a positive feeling for the world and a renewed sense of dynamism.
  • Don’t eat before meditating. After a heavy meal your body will be lethargic with digestion.
  • It is not necessary to mediate in the lotus posture. It is fine to meditate in a chair, as long as the back is straight.
  • It is helpful to take a shower before meditating.
  • Burning incense and having a candle are not necessary, but they can add a little extra inspiration.
  • It is good to meditate early in the morning. It is said the best time is 3am, although, I feel it is more important to be awake and not sleepy, try 6.30am.

  • Anyways....
    Note that you shoouldnt use too much ginseng cause it can cause health problems and make sure to stay focused on ONE thing when you first start out meditating.

    You Might Also Like

    2 read this

    Subscibers