[Product Review] Dry & Damaged Hair Solutions.

8/21/2013 06:15:00 PM


SONY DSC
Hey all, hows it goin’ ?
Good. Great. Fantastic..
So anyway people – I have been trying to vlog but have been super tired and can’t get the energy to really do what I gots to do. So I decided to just do this instead..
PRODUCT REVIEW!!
So, I bought some of these from Sally’s and some from Shoppers Drug Mart (equivalent to Walgreens or something in USA) – and made it a mission of sorts to get Argan Oil in most of the products I picked up. On Tuesday I washed my dry, damaged and literally unkempt hair and the next day – though my bantu-knot-out didnt come out the way I had hoped - my hair was EXTREMELY SOFT and healthy looking. So let’s go ahead:
1. PROCLAIM INTENSE MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO:
SAMSUNG 6213
Love this shampoo! It’s everything it says it is!
I was sort of hesitant about it cause well – I used a protein hair mask from them and it really wasn’t all that great. I wasn’t sure what I did wrong or what, but it wasn’t the greatest ever….at all.
However, this shampoo is AMAZING and I am pretty sure I have found a holy grail Shampoo. Which is quite new. Before this I had been using Kinky Curly’s Come Clean Shampoo – which is a great clarify and doesn’t strip my hair of any natural oils…but my hair is extremely dry at times and the last few months I had been stressed out and not taking care of my hair and skin – thus my hair was also damaged! So I needed more than “not stripping my natural oils..” I needed MOISTURE!
The Proclaim Intense Moisturizing Shampoo is awesome for that. It definetely clarifies – leaving my scalp clean of build up and my strands clear and healthy looking – all the while adding intense moisturizer! My hair was soft and manageable for 3 whole days – with JUST THE SHAMPOO. As in NO Conditioner and NO leave-in and NO Hair Lotions and NO Butters….just the shampoo alone.
Buy it again?
Mos. Def. <3 font="">
5/5
2. MARC ANTHONY TRUE PROFESSIONAL CONDTIONER
MARC ANTHONY TRUE PROFESSIONAL OIL OF MOROCCO ARGAN OIL SULFATE FREE CONDITIONER
MARC ANTHONY TRUE PROFESSIONAL OIL OF MOROCCO ARGAN OIL SULFATE FREE CONDITIONER
Alright so when it comes to conditioners I always really love having SLIP&MANAGEABLITY. Those are the two deal breakers for me. Prior to this conditioner I had been using Aussie Moist Conditioner – it has HEAVY SLIPPAGE and makes me hair very easy to comb in the shower. This MARC ANTHONY conditioner is a little tricky.. It did something I haven’t had a condioner (other than Mixed Chicks – which was used on me at a Salon) to make my curls POP when I came out of the shower. However, the slip was pretty weak. Yet my hair looked very defined and healthy out of the shower. I am slightly confused on it…
Buy it again?
Maybe not.
3.5/5
3. GARNIER FRUCTIS LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-In Conditioner
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-In Conditioner
It’s good. I mean – it really isn’t anything exciting and I am probably going to try a different leave-in once I am finished with this one, however it does what it’s supposed to do. It definitely combats frizz and leaves my hair sleek and shiny. I applied it and raked it through my wet hair and left it in for about 15 minutes. It was really slippery – but I would’nt use it daily. I would only use it after a big wash day or a co-wash…that is all though.
Buy it again?
Nah…
3.5/5
3. DESIGN ESSENTIALS NATURAL DAILY MOISTURIZING LOTION
Design Essentials Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion
Design Essentials Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion For Natural Hair
This was really one of those things where I was in need of moisture and would go as far as picking something up – that I have never heard of before – in order to achieve results. Thank goodness I looked at the back. It is SILICON FREE, MINERAL OIL FREE, PARABEN FREE, PARAFFIN FREE, & PETROLEUM FREE! Has an array of natural oils and great natural ingredients inside and I AM HAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT. The only thing I don’t appreciate is the fact that it’s so slippery and sticks to your hands to where you have to be wiping your hands all over the towel for 3 minutes in order to LIVE! That is the only annoyance.. however it is definitely a moisturizing lotion that can be used daily on wet or dry hair. I used it on my damp hair and it penetrated my strands and left them really soft. Then I used it a few days later on a dry and not so good bantu-knot out and it made it look better! Odd, but I will run with it! It defined my curls and moisturized my strands. I love it ! I will definitely try more products from the Design Essentials Natural line. For sure.
Buy it again?
Yes.
4.8/5
4. The Tangle Teezer
SAMSUNG 6210
I love it. I am happy with it. It works for my coarse 4b hair and definitely makes detangling a lot easier than it used to be – thus time moves a lot faster when styling! I recommend it to anyone who’s on the fence about it. You really don’t have anything to lose! I like it better than the Denman because it’s so flexible – yet it gets the tangles. Denman can potentially rip my hair out at times so… I like this one a lot better. I just think the Denman is a lot easier to clean.
Buy it again?
If I lose it, yeah for sure.
5/5
So that is it for today’s product review!
Hope it helped some folks and such! Stay tuned for a lot more – my next review will be on the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie! I love it so hard! My twist out came out PERFECT!!! The best twist out of my entire Natural Headed Life!
Anyway….
See you next time!

You Might Also Like

0 read this

Subscibers